A short foreword...
Good day gentlemen of the Sudden Strike community and fans of PWM!
I created this blog to document the development of the new version 3 of the Pacific Warfare Mod I have been working on... Well, not really intensively, but now and then.
Even if I retreated from the SuddenStrike community quite a while ago, I never really gave up modding the game.
I guess everyone in his mid-life knows the things coming in between oneself and the next digital military equipment to be included in a computer game; work, career, children, simple shifts in interest... In my case moving to a foreign country as well, and and and...
However, I discovered my interest in publishing an update for PWM again and as there is a (I know, quite small) community left that might be interested in new content for the game, I started working on it.
Everyone who still plays the game knows: There is nothing like it. Many RTS titles have come and gone since then, but none could (at least me) give the feeling of commanding a battlefield, with hundreds, not tens of units.
Much better effects, better realism, better simulation, better control- I have seen them in different games- none has captured me for long, most I put aside after a few hours.
As well as the much appreciated key features of the game (no base building, 2dgraphics, etc.), it benefits from being conveniently modded, and in the past years the different teams have added an amount of variety to the game that the inventors seem not to have imagined.
I will post here whenever I feel there is something worth posting about. Regard this as the international site for updates about the progress- as such I will post in english only. Our german friends will be kept informed through the good old forum at: Sudden-Strike-Maps.de
This said, I hope I can kindle some interest in you gentlemen and extend the life of our much appreciated SuddenStrike series for some more time to come!
Furthermore, feel free to contact us by email to: ssrw.pwm@gmail.com
Klaus aka Cougar6
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen